Bet $1 million on this stock? 3 stocks insiders buy
Although US stocks closed higher on Wednesday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders buy stocks, it indicates their confidence in the prospects of the company or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the title. Insider buying should not be considered the sole indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is an overview of some recent notable insider buys. To find out more, see Benzinga Insider Trading Platform.
- The exchange: Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. HLF Director John Tartol acquired a total of 5,000 shares at an average price of $25.27. To acquire these shares, it cost approximately 126.33 thousand dollars.
- What is happening: Herbalife Nutrition recently posted second-quarter EPS of $0.96.
- What Herbalife Nutrition does: Herbalife Nutrition Ltd is an international nutrition company. The company has five revenue segments: weight management; targeted nutrition; energy, sports and fitness; external nutrition; and literature, promotion and others.
- The exchange: The companies Greenbrier, Inc. GBX Director Antonio O’Garza acquired a total of 8,195 shares at an average price of $30.50. To acquire these shares, it cost approximately 249.97 thousand dollars.
- What is happening: Greenbrier announced a new $150 million term loan.
- What Greenbrier companies do: Greenbrier Companies Inc designs, manufactures and markets rail freight railcar equipment in North America and Europe, marine barges in North America, and provides wheel services, railcar and parts refurbishment, rental and other railway services.
Be sure to check out our pre-market coverage here.
Also check this: Moderna at $74? Here are 5 more price target changes for Thursday
American Asset Trust
- The exchange: American Assets Trust, Inc. AAT President and CEO Ernest Rady purchased a total of 35,000 shares at an average price of $29.73. To acquire these shares, it cost about $1.04 million.
- What is happening: American Assets Trust recently posted an FFO of $0.58 in the second quarter.
- What American Assets Trust does: American Assets Trust Inc is a United States-based self-managed real estate investment trust.