Mercury Racing Certified Technician – Big Thunder Marine
Our spirit of growth also extends to our workforce, providing paid opportunities to learn and grow. We put no limits on what is possible as we strive to not only be the biggest, but the best! If you’re ready to uphold high standards while reaping the rewards of your hard work, come join our team today and be part of something BIG. GREAT SAILOR THUNDER.
Task status: Full time (may vary seasonally)
FLSA Status: Schedule, not exempt
Salary: Remuneration according to experience.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- $1 boat rental
- Purchase discounts for employees
In keeping with the mission, vision and values of Big Thunder Marine and the commitment to maintain our presence as the premier watercraft dealership in the Lake of the Ozarks, the Mercury Racing Technician is at the heart of after-sales service. Mercury Racing technicians will ensure the continued growth and success of our business by focusing on efficient and accurate diagnostics and repair orders. At all times, the Mercury Racing Technician is working to improve our customer service experience and create lasting relationships with our customers.
Statement(s) of essential functions
- Perform appropriate diagnostic procedures
- Engine and sterndrive maintenance
- Mercury Warranty Repair
- Participation in the Mercury University Technician Continuing Education Program
- Works with Mercury and G3 computer diagnostic system.
- Examine marine craft (both in the water and in drydock) to diagnose malfunctions and damage, work in tandem with service writers to plan and give accurate quotes for repairs
- Perform maintenance in various contexts, such as mobile maintenance at customers
- Work quickly and efficiently, while keeping safety a top priority
- Winterize and de-winter boats. Ensure that critical appraisal and double checks are carried out.
- Perform maintenance, repair and replacement of all major marine craft components including: engines, drives, generators, transmissions, blowers, carburetors, starters, pumps and accessories
- Install and repair electrical system components including: lights, dashboards, ignition systems and audio accessories.
- Safely operate hoists, hydraulic jacks, forklifts, tractors and other marine mobility tools
- Prepare boats for boat shows to ensure they are properly loaded, trailers are inspected and boats are shrink wrapped
- Constantly familiarize yourself with our inventory of new and used watercraft to successfully maintain them and prepare for delivery
- Ensure that all warranty work is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and the Big Thunder standard
- Make sure certifications are up-to-date and plan to take courses that will improve the skills of the employee
- Maintain shop area daily and notify Service Manager of necessary repairs to installation as required
- Make a final visit to ensure that the watercraft is in optimum condition before being handed over to customers or sent for delivery. Arrange immediate service to rectify outstanding issues
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Competency statement(s)
- Responsibility – Ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for one’s actions.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take action to solve a problem or achieve a goal.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and achieve a predetermined result.
- Oral Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the execution of a task.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to meet customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ethics – Ability to demonstrate conduct consistent with a set of accepted values and standards.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education: High school diploma or GED is required
- Experience: Minimum of three years experience in gasoline, outboard and sterndrive engines, high performance applications an asset. Mercury Computer Diagnosis and G3 Some experience in electronics and/or rigging is a plus.
- Computer skills: General IT skills required, will train on specific systems
- Certificates & Licenses: Must hold current Mercury Marine Technician certification. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Class E driver’s license and an MO boater’s license.
Typical store environment with moderate noise and exposure to heat and cold. The outdoor and marine environment may contain uneven and slippery surfaces. The noise level can increase significantly when interacting with the watercraft.
Big Thunder Marine has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines on job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the job described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as required. This document does not represent an employment contract and the company reserves the right to modify this job description and/or assign duties to the employee, as the company deems appropriate.
Big Thunder Marine is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state laws.
To apply, go to www.bigthundermarine.com/careers/ or call 573.694.3494 to inquire.